Alco's World

Friday, December 08, 2006

So we can also make a Mac OS appliance...

Today I read an article detailing the necessary steps to boot Mac OSX from a USB Pendrive (Boot MacOS X from USB pendrive). Just in like my previous posts, where I use Linux, in this case we can have Mac OS X. I think this is pretty cool, at least for me that I legally own a Mac. It's also interesting, since it demonstrates that the operating system itself is very thin, and the rest of the disk usage is for additional features and options, which are not essential.

I'm yet to see a way of running Windows XP from an USB pendrive, but something tells me that it will never happen.

-R

3 Comments:

  • yo tengo Mac.. me libere de Bill Gates despues de tanto tiempo cogerme por las bolas

    By Blogger Unknown, at Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:53:00 AM  

  • Un día, le quité la PC de mi esposa, y se la cambié por un iMac. Ahí se convirtió y no ha querido cambiar desde entonces. Además, me tomó sobre 15 minutos desconectar la PC sacar todos los cables, etc, mientras la Mac la conecté, bootié y estaba ya navegando internet en menos de 5 minutos.

    By Blogger Alco, at Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:54:00 AM  

  • que bueno eso.. eres un evangelista de la Apple... Dios te guarde.

    por cierto, pronto voy a contar lo que me paso en Canton Mall con los jodios tecatos esos...

    By Blogger Unknown, at Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home