Alco's World

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Which antivirus software to use

I'm writing this entry from Borders at Plaza las Americas, San Juan Puerto Rico. Iwas looking at technology books, and I started listening to the conversation between two gentlemen beside me. The were debating about which antivirus software is better. They related stories about Symantec, then Norton, Avast, Panda. I really wanted to jump in...I had something to ask them.

First off, this is gonna sound like some fan boy shit, but trust me, it´s not about that. I wanted to ask them, what´s the origin of the viruses they´re so afraid of. Do they come from infected floppy disks? Don´t think so. Infected files on CDs or DVDs? Maybe. Or, perhaps malware and spyware from emails and websites. Most likely!

Now, the mandatory question: which browser and email software are you using?

Got to go now, but more on this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home