Alco's World

Thursday, November 16, 2006

A cool new Firefox 2 feature I found

You know that you can go to Google and type a math operation and get the results, right? Well check this out. Go to your Firefox's Google box, and type a math operation there..say 14.99 * .07, and you'll instantly see the results as a Google suggestion, in this example, the 7% Puerto Rico sales tax for a pizza from Domino's.

I know, the calculator is a Google feature, but notice how nicely and seamlessly it gets integrated into the browser.

Anyhow, I think it's cool.

2 Comments:

  • i didn't know that... cool!

    By Blogger KahlĂșa Macarena, at Saturday, December 09, 2006 10:19:00 PM  

  • Firefox rocks so hard. I use Netvibes as my personal home page. It opens automatically, and on separate tabs I do my browsing. Inside Netvibes, I use Meebo, which is a ofree online instant messenger client compatible with all major im protocols. I also use Stumbleupon. This means that no matter on which computer I am, regardless of even the platform it is running on (Windows, Macintosh or Linux), I have my RSS feeds, podcasts, IM, and bookmarks. All online.

    As added values, it gives me speed, standards compliance, and session manager. This last one even recovers the contents of a form, in case the browser crashes while fillin it out.

    I sound like a fanboy.

    By Blogger Alco, at Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home