Alco's World

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Music@home

I'm a music lover. When I was young, I used to play the bass guitar. I then switched to play keyboards. Later I settled for the guitar, which I have been playing for over 15 years...on and off. I've had one rock band - Bandidos back in the early 90's. I then, about 6 years ago created AJ Project with a friend of mine, now guitarist for Temple of Heads. With AJ Project we did a few really cool home recordings, but then life took over and we stopped playing together. I really enjoy playing the guitar, and I really wish I had more time to play.

On special occasions, I try to record something special for my wife. There are songs that at some point have been important to us, and I simply record my own version.

Now, for the first time ever, I make two of these songs available. The first one is "Allegretto by Bond". This one is pretty straight forward. I took the actual song, and simply recorded an electric guitar track on top. I'm very happy with this one.

The second, "Por tí me casaré, based on Ednita Nazario's version". This one was a lot tougher. I programmed all the drum and bass tracks using FruityLoops. Rhythm and lead guitar were recorded by me....I just didn't had time to record a solo.

Notice that I don't have expensive equipment...this is all recorded in my laptop computer...the same one I use for work.

Please enjoy and send me your comments. Perhaps I some day decide to record a whole album.


Alco-Allegretto



Alco-Por tí me casaré




-R

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home